Students may seek an academic major in computer studies.
Major in Computer Studies
The computer studies major provides in-depth knowledge in practical applications of computing. The coherent and flexible program of study includes areas such as digital media, gaming and Web-based technologies. The interdisciplinary approach allows students to integrate courses from several specialized areas in computing. Graduates are prepared for a variety of entry- and midlevel technical and management positions within the digital media, Web technology, gaming and computing industries.
Intended Program Outcomes
The student who graduates with a major in computer studies will be able to
- Design, develop, and manage Web applications using current and emerging technologies that adhere to industry standards.
- Analyze needs and effectively manage projects and resources, applying sound business principles and technology.
- Configure, optimize, and administer computer systems to support Web technologies.
- Design and develop digital, interactive, and Web-based media to meet customer requirements and usability standards.
- Develop, test, and implement Web and multimedia applications using sound techniques for scripting and programming.
- Effectively apply relevant theories, practices, and principles when designing and developing works of digital media.